


Hi!! Today I realized that I should be taking an official "maternity leave" in just two short weeks! I haven't quite figured out what my "upcoming schedule" will be like, leaving the office and all, but I do know that it is approaching rather quickly! 6 more weeks until Tristan arrives!
Joel and I have already taken a few classes of "Getting ready for baby" and "Bringing baby home". Tonight we learned to swaddle, bathe, take care of the cord, what to do when baby is sleeping, etc. I have my own opinions about the feeding schedule based off of some true success stories from friends who've recommended BABY WISE. I am currently reading the book and plan to implement BABYWISE and to get Tristan on a schedule (as much as possible anyway). We're excited to be parents and to hold our little nugget!!!
Everything has been going very well with the pregnancy. I had a minor scare this morning and went to an emergency doctor visit but it ended up being something minor. I was so thrilled that the nurse let me listen to Tristan's heartbeat for an extended period of time. It was so soothing, I started crying...
I've been having some chronic pain in my tailbone and my ribs are bruised and painful. But these are small prices to pay for this miracle I'm so blessed to be a part of!
This weekend my dearest friends will be coming in to town to celebrate and they are having a shower for us. I'm so excited to see everyone and am amazed at all that my friends are doing for me. I will get to spend time with girlfriends from elementary school, high school, college, dance, magic and cheer and am so happy to be able celebrate with them!!!! Tristan is so lucky to be coming into this world with all this love surrounding him!
The summer weather has been VERY hot, especially here in HELL CAJON. I'm managing, but dang, it's an extra hot year and thank goodness for AC!


No comments:
Post a Comment